Let us create a stylish "flower" logo in Illustrator
- Using the Ellipse Tool (L), draw a circle with no fill and a small stroke (about 1 pt)
- Keep Shift pressed while drawing, to create a circle an not an ellipse
- This simple circle is all we need to draw for this logo!
- Make a copy of the circle by dragging it and holding the Alt- key pressed at the same time (note that the cursor changes into a double arrow when copying!)
- By also holding the Shift key pressed the circle is copied along a straight line and will be positioned exactly where we want.
- Use the live guides to position it as in the example on the right
- Select both the two circles with the Selection Tool (V)
- Then double click on the Rotate Tool (R)
- Type in the settings in the window on the right and click on the Copy button
- The result will be the four overlapping circles below
- Select the Shapebuilder Tool (Shift-M)
- Press the Alt- key to make the Shapebuilder subtract shapes instead of joining shapes (note the small minus sign in the tool)
- ALT- click in the larger parts of the circles to remove them. The result is below on the left.
- Then select all the shapes and double-click on the Rotate Tool and type in 45 degrees and press Copy
- The result will be the flower below in the right
- Select all elements (Control-A)
- Then select the Live Paintbucket Tool (K)
- Select a colour from the Swatches panel
- Click inside the larger parts of the flower
- Then change colour and fill the smaller parts of the flower
- Finish off by setting the stroke to a zero value
A result (with some drop shadow and some gradients)